If you love boats, design, and boat building, this is a great opportunity for you!
Our client is a very prestigious company established in the boating industry and they are looking for a Marine Designer to join their team!
As Marine Designer you will be able to turn concepts and raw ideas into fully realized new products, design through the use of 3D scanning, 3D modeling, 2D technical drawings, scale models, and mockups. As an essential link between design and production, the Marine Designer will be responsible to document as-built boats, create build books, and provide production with the information they need to complete each prototype build.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Experience using Rhino to create 3D models and detailed technical drawings to be used on the production floor
- Has a thorough understanding of composite boat building and MEP systems
- Experience with tooling projects (from conception to completion)
- Experience with boat building regulations (USCG, ABYC, NMMA, etc.)
- Experience with new product development and build book support
- Ability to manage a variety of projects simultaneously while still meeting deadlines
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; verbally, written, sketching, and modeling
- Outstanding troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Seeks out solutions independently and communicates findings clearly
- Rhino 3D Master Level (AutoCAD and Solidworks a plus)
- Adobe CC (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Microsoft 365 (word, excel, powerpoint, outlook)
- Rendering Software (keyshot, 3DMAX, or similar)
- Create detailed, 3D Rhino models to support the design of parts, components and assemblies of the boat
- Turns raw 3D scans into clean, usable rhino surface models
- Transform 3D shells into fully developed and manufacturable 3D assemblies
- Concept sketching, renderings, mockups, computer generated artwork
- Create technical construction drawings suitable for fabrication by in-house or off-site fabrication teams
- Ensure products meet all build and safety guidelines outlined in ABYC, USCG, NMMA, etc.
- Research and spec material, hardware, and components to be used in production boats
- Develop and adhere to company and department standards
- Document as-built boats and create build books for production
- Digitize patterns on the floor for CNC cutting