Our client is a leading telecommunication and digital services provider that serves 50 million customers worldwide. They are looking for a “Digital Specialist – E-commerce ” to work remotely within the company’s local operations!
Qualifications / Requirements
· 5+ years of experience as software developer. This role does not require coding but required the knowledge.
· 5+ Experience building and hosting application in the cloud
· 5+ Experience building consumer applications using modern patterns and web technologies
· 3+ years leading software development teams in the role of technical leader or application’s architect.
· Demonstrated ability to execute and lead software development projects from idea to production to explosive growth.
· Strong knowledge on how to design, document and test Web APIs
· A born product development native with substantial knowledge on product definition, development, and life cycle management.
ECOMMERCE SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS
· Previous experience ideating, developing, and rolling out an ecommerce platform including delivering of goods and multiple payment methods.
· Deep Knowledge of at least one of the leading platforms for eCommerce as a Service like Shopify, Elastic Path, Salesforce, Magento or VTEX.
· Experience implementing a headless eCommerce solution
· Experience integrating Payment Gatew
· Act the as the Application Architect of the assigned feature or product
· Lead the development teams so they can execute their assigned stories in a way that satisfy functional and non-functional requirements and help them making the right decisions when facing challenges.
· Be an evangelist of agile software development practices.
· Clearly establishes product milestones (or sprints) and objectives by detailing functionality at consumer and technical level.
· Make sure all technical aspects of the product follow Millicom’s and the Industry best practices for Secure Software Development Life Cycle
· Make sure all technical decisions play well with Millicom’s digital ecosystem like for example identity, engagement and payment solutions, reusing as much existing components as possible.
· Follow infrastructure guidelines for hosting, monitoring, and securing the solution.
· Make sure all required API are received from other departments or designed and built if needed, documented, and standardized.
· Produce or refine user stories by preparing the functional and technical specifications of new product or improvements of existing ones.
· Make sure all functional requirements are refined to include required API, proposed UX, and instrumentation plan to provided visibility on performance and growth of KPI.
· Make sure the product backlog includes all non-functional requirements to create a scalable, reusable, secure and fast performing solution, feature, or product.
· Create technical documentation and operational dashboard so operations can be handled to the support team.
· Support in all phases of testing specially in user acceptance tests. Make sure dev teams automate tests as much as possible.
· Give technical approval for production release.
· Create, evaluate, and analyze vendor proposals for new product ideas and new process and product improvements.
· Collect, organize, and structure all additional information required to support the blueprint, feature or story.
· Research and development aimed at improving current products or developing new ones to satisfy consumer demand.
· Work closely with the Consumer Understanding Team to review and use consumer insights to aid the ideation process and feedback loop.
· Provide diagnostics and technical support on digital products and services when front line tech team needs to escalate.
Education / Training
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience