Our client is a leading telecommunication and digital services provider that serves 50 million customers worldwide. They are currently looking for a Network Security Manager to join their team in Panama!
This is a great opportunity to be part of a company ranked in the top 25 of multinational companies of the “Great Place to Work” that offers great benefits for their employees.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in network security and infrastructure (definition and implementation).
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Telecommunications (ideally service provider) or high-tech environment.
- Experience of working in a complex multinational and multicultural corporate environment, large-scale business processes, network architectures (critical infrastructure, etc.)
- Understanding of global business and systems during previous roles in central functions and/or business units.
- Ability to absorb new information and assess processes using a process and control-based approach.
- CISSP (CISM at the minimum), CCSK, CCSP or other Cloud (Google, AWS, Azure and/or Oracle) certifications.
- Technical project management.
- Fundamental understanding of networking , OSI model, protocols and wireless network architecture.
- Network/Perimeter and endpoint security, including in Cloud environments including Public and Hybrid Cloud.
- Strong technical knowledge on networks, technologies and solutions:
-Mobile core and radio: 2G, 3G and 4G CS & PS cores, SS7 and Diameter; A first experience on 5G architecture, deployment or security is a plus.
-Fixed core and access: HFC, FTTH, Fixed Wireless, etc.
-Internet of Things (IoT).
-Infrastructure: Cloud and network function virtualization (NFV), Firewalls, DNS, DDoS, CDN/caching, VPN, etc.
-Routing/Transport: MPLS, BGP, etc. Solution certifications (Juniper, Cisco …) is a plus
-Security frameworks: NIST cybersecurity framework, ISO27001/27002, Zero Trust Architecture, etc.
- You will be required to demonstrate your ability to enable change and how you have personally implemented or improved network security in your previous experiences.
- Communication, leadership and people skills
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written skills – fluent English and Spanish.
- Professionally skeptical mindset with ability to probe and challenge the various stakeholders.
- Root cause analysis – understanding an issue or complex problem and the key drivers behind it.
- Solution-oriented – partnering with subject matter experts (e.g. domain owners, operations, etc.).
- Business partnering mindset with ability to support and manage improvement will also holding stakeholders to account in relation to delivery timelines.
- Tenacity, commitment and personal drive to deliver whatever it takes.
- Agile and responsive, with proven track record of fast, accurate delivery to deadlines.
- Ability to judge when to support, when to intervene and when to escalate.
- Attention to detail, and consistently demonstrate integrity and professionalism
You will be responsible for RAN, Core and Cloud network security, spanning 3G/4G/5G and HFC/FTTH fixed infrastructure, Virtualized architectures including SDN/NFV and Open system technologies:
- Understand the current context, organization, technology and infrastructure.
- Define and design an end to end security framework for the existing networks and related platforms / technologies, ensuring standardization and consistency across the local markets:
-Provide support to the group and local teams and monitor the implementation of the framework.
-Develop or recommend security capabilities and improvements, share project learning and contribute to thought leadership activities.
-Develop and update documentation and content such as whitepapers, webinars, presentations, etc.
- Deliver quality security advisory projects and coordinate all end-to-end security milestones per domain, especially managing risk, perform regulatory and compliance analysis, evaluate budget and resources needs, workload and time across multiple assignments.
- Evaluate and control the correct implementation.