Location: Key Biscayne, FL
Our client is a gourmet market that provides a unique experience for customers regarding the high quality and special selection of products in a friendly and comfortable atmosphere. Our Bakery Team work with a passion for creating delicious pastries, desserts and baked goods to delight all customers. We are seeking a skilled and creative Pastry Chef looking to fulfill and vital role in our kitchen, creating new dessert items that complement and enhance our menu.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Proficiency in creation of signature desserts and pastries.
- Strong knowledge of pastry ingredients, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to set recipes and provide instructions accurately.
- Proficiency using kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Must have knowledge of Bakery sanitation, operation and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Physically able to stand for long hours, as well as to bend and move around.
- Ability to work quickly and meticulously under pressure.
- Communication skills. English and Spanish speaker (preferred)
- Organization skills.
- Create new signature desserts and pastries that complement our menu. Create, prepare and decorate all pastry products and baked goods.
- Create scalable recipes for all new products.
- Set recipes and taste test for quality assurance. Perform quality checks of ingredients. Adhere to quality and food safety standards.
- Ensure all pastries are uniform and up to business standards.
- Bake, decorate and provide exquisite presentation to all Bakery products.
- Manage foods costs and inventory for pastry goods. Maintain and count inventory and work towards cost reduction methods.
- Train other Pastry Cooks as needed.
- Communicate with the management and staff to ensure successful product display and rotation.
- Provide exceptional customer service, including greeting customers and answering their questions related to baked goods.
- Follow and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including weights and measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Maintain entire bakery area clean and organized.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Training
- High school degree (required)
- Food Handler Certification (required)
- 1 Free Meal / work day (Lunch or Dinner)
- Free parking
- Reimbursement for Annual Plan (Toll) – after the probation period
- Health Insurance (50-64% – company’s contribution), Dental Insurance and Vision Insurance: all insurances are applicable only for Full Time positions, after the probation period.
- 10% of discount in purchases