Our client is in the farming/biotechnonolgy industry and they are currently looking for a experienced Plant Manager for their facility located in Jupiter, Florida.
This manager would be responsible for overseeing all daily operations at the facility including the lab and production teams. Their primary responsibility will be to ensure the production, maintenance, and order processing of the liquid algae, as well as managing the facility. Also will evaluate the current procedures and/or lack thereof, and then define new/updated procedures for the staff to follow.
Qualifications / Requirements
- 7+ years of experience managing a manufacturing facility
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong managerial skills
- Ability to trainmentor employees
- Maintaining production of liquid algae at 100% capacity
- Oversee the maintenance and cleaning of production equipment/facility
- Oversee the order processing of liquid algae
- Establish and document proper protocols/procedures for every step of the manufacturing, maintenance, and order handling processes.
- Oversee the lab manager in the documentation of proper protocols/procedures for lab team, including their work with the production units and grow room.
- Implement the Best Management Practices for manufacturing and bio-security at the facility
- Oversee the integrity of the Grow Room to ensure the purity and viability of new algal lines to be used in production and as backup in case of contamination
- Ensure all personnel in the facility are trained and operating in accordance with BMPs and established protocols.
Education / Training
- Basic (high school or above) understanding of biology and the scientific method
- Experience in the field of manufacturing, ideally experienced in the production of perishable liquid products like pharmaceuticals, alcohol/brewery, or similar.
- Think outside the box
- Wear multiple hats
- 2-folder position
- Process implementation