We are currently searching for an experienced and highly analytical Quality Control Inspector to join our boats production department. As the Quality Control Inspector, you will uphold the safety regulations of our company and supervise the production process to guarantee that all our products meet quality expectations.
Identify during inspection, collect data, and lead resolution of quality problems with incoming parts, factory processes, and finished products (boats). Implement quality systems principles to detect, prevent, and/or correct product or service deficiencies.
Qualifications / Requirements
- The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years prior experience as a Quality Inspector in a complex assembly operation.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Must have 8D or structured problem-solving training and experience.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and database software is required.
- Must possess a working knowledge of standard quality terminology, measurement technology, and excellent presentation and written communication skills.
- Previous marine background or experience is preferred.
- Develop process control plans based on Engineering and Manufacturing guidelines.
- Analyze, investigate, and recommend corrective action for quality issues.
- Coach other Production personnel in the use of quality tools.
- Participate in quality meetings as needed.
- Conduct training on quality assurance procedures and systems as needed.
- Conduct esthetical and dimensional inspections to all parts manufactured at IBC and to finished boats.
- Investigate supplier issues and communicate to the Manager and/or supplier.
- Assist in developing forms, procedures and work instructions used to conduct daily (routine) operations of the quality department.
- Conduct and participate in corrective action reporting.
- Support manufacturing in achieving production targets and goals by interfacing and cooperating with other support departments (e.g., Engineering, Production, Sales etc.).
- Develop product quality standards, specifications, and criteria for acceptance.
- Provide the necessary data/information to Manager to review, update, and pareto inspection data, and determine necessary actions required to reduce Internal defects per unit (IDPU) and improve first time through (FTT)
- Provide accurate information to be used for monthly reporting and corrective actions.
- Participate in new boat updates and/or design reviews.
- Participate in review, approval and validation of material and process changes.
- Actively promote continuous improvement for all processes and products.
- Support the annual quality department plan, targets, and objectives.
- Communicate with the customer service team on repair status and return to owner.
- Issue, track actions to closure, and close quality alerts.
- Other duties as requested by Quality Department management.
Education / Training
- Must possess a Highschool diploma.
- An engineering or science (BS) degree is Preferred.
- Healthcare Insurance
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Hourly paid
- Opportunity to make overtime
- Fridays Half days