Today we are looking for a Regional Real Estate Leader to be responsible for all aspects commercial retail leasing and acquisition to include broker/developer relationships, market assessment, site selection, LOI and lease negotiation, market analysis, and presentation to leadership team.
Qualifications / Requirements
- 7+ years of work experience in Retail Real Estate/Asset Management or Retail or mixed use Real Estate/Property Management with detailed knowledge & experience in negotiating retail leases.
- 5+ years managing external resources.
- Comfortable working independently, remotely, with frequent travel.
- Prepare financial and sensitivity analysis & approvals for all proposed transactions, develop business justification and recommendations for RE Committee presentation to user groups and executive management team for approval.
- Assist with the strategic planning for the retail stores, including financial analysis, market information, offering terms and conditions, contract review, and negotiations.
- Review and update retail real estate asset management best practices, forms, documents, and enhancements to the retail real estate database.
- Provide support to all internal teams and oversee lease requirements such as obtaining landlord consent, negotiating reinstatement requirements and collection of Tenant Improvement dollars, rent renegotiations.
- Manage current real estate assets by taking a proactive approach, anticipating lease renewals and terminations and all critical dates, lowering and auditing operating expenses, coordinating landlord approval of alterations & completing estoppel certificates and other required documentation.
- Maintain excellent relationships with internal customers, senior management, legal, tax, risk management, landlords, vendors, consultants, developers, and brokers.
Education / Training
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experienced in all facets of retail acquisition, lease renewals, lease extensions and lease administration.
- Commercial / retail leasing, subleasing and license agreements.