Our client is a global leader in housewares, right now they are looking for a Regional Account Manager to build on existing and establish new retail business in Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean.
This is a “home-based” position in a major city in Florida with an estimated 50% travel around the region, Trade Shows and to Global HQ.
Qualifications / Requirements
- 5-10 years of Sales Management and Account Management experience.
- Proven experience working directly with key retailers in the region. (Liverpool, Walmart MX, Home Depot MX, Lowes, Soriana, HEB, Walmart Central America, Cemaco, EPA, CCN, etc..)
- Proven experience conducting business in Mexico, Central America and Caribbean.
- Experience with Consumer Goods and Category Management.
- Experience managing a large number of accounts and a diverse product portfolio.
- Strong commercial skillset including, forecasting, budgeting, pricing, and promotional planning.
- Fluent/Native Spanish and English
- Excellent with MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Appreciated previous product categories: housewares, beauty, food, fashion, etc.
- Appreciated previous channels: mass, food, home centers, department stores, specialty stores, beauty retailers, e-commerce.
- Deliver on top line sales goals as well as net margin requirements for the region.
- Develop annual budgets and business plan to achieve sales goals.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts per region and key account.
- Have a full understanding of retail landscape in the region, active accounts and distribution gaps.
- Develop a strong working relationship with key accounts in each market.
- Work with buyers, category managers, and directors to maximize all aspects of the business (assortment, merchandising, promotions, new product launches, brand activation, etc.)
- Secure placement for new product launches twice a year and open new categories.
- Conduct quarterly, biannual or annual business reviews with the accounts.
- Analyze POS data, present findings, and recommendation for additions or product replacements.
- Work with Marketing to develop in-store and digital marketing programs to promote the brand.
- Follow up on replenishment orders and work with Customer Service, Finance and Logistics to ensure orders ship in a timely manner.
New Business Development
- Identify, assess and secure new accounts in each market.
- Identify, asses and develop a plan to enter new channels in each market (mass, e-commerce, etc.)
- Identify new product opportunities and work with marketing to develop new products for the region.