Sales Development Representative
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is responsible for outbound sales prospecting and qualification of inbound leads. As the first line of communication with prospects, ideal SDRs have a strong understanding of the sales process, excelling at researching leads, starting new relationships, and setting our inside sales team up for success. This position revolves around generating and qualifying new leads and moving them through the sales pipeline. An upbeat personality and comfortability in speaking to business owners and managers are highly valued traits for this role
- Lead Generation
- Sales Prospecting
- Qualification of incoming leads
Qualifications / Requirements
- Strong sales understanding.
- Excel at researching leads.
- Excellent communication skills both in oral and written form.
- Quick learner.
- Ability to showcase our solutions in a compelling way.
- Go-getter attitude with a drive to succeed..
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Medium to heavy phone exposure.
- Exposure to call center noise.
- Repetitive Typing.
- Have a desire to learn, starting with a comprehensive understanding and leading to consumer research to identify how our solutions meet needs.
- Generate leads and build relationships by nurturing warm prospects and finding new potential sales opportunities.
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects and engage the inside sales team for next steps.
- Identify best practices to refine the lead generation process.
- Utilize Microsoft Dynamics, cold calling, and email to generate new sales opportunities.
- Contact and qualify incoming leads.
- Identify prospect’s needs and suggest appropriate products/services.
- Set up meetings or calls between prospective customers and inside sales reps.
- Report to sales manager with weekly, monthly, and quarterly results.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Perform administrative duties, reports and special projects associated with customer accounting support.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Training
- Strong Computer Skills.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Proven creative problem-solving approach.
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Strong Desire and ability to move up within a sales team