Our client is a leading telecommunication and digital services provider which serves 50 million customers and employees over 12,000 people around the world. They are currently looking for a Senior Accountant.
This role will be focused on the end to end accounting matters of the Corporation, fixed asset management, and monthly reporting/analysis and Sox compliance, adding value while working with different stakeholders in order to ensure high quality accounting of the multiple entities from the start until the end covering all aspects.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Fluent in English, Spanish is considered a valuable asset
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of financial instruments and hedge accounting
- Handle the day-to-day accounting for various companies
- Prepare the corporate and VAT returns and maintain relevant contact with the tax authorities (IRS) and tax advisors
- Prepare annual financial statements, including the notes, according to pre-determined guidelines and timelines.
- Analyze the financial and fiscal data and draw up internal and external documents, if and when required
- Manage the monthly financial closing process by managing and controlling the balance sheets, profit-and-loss accounts, and cash flow statements, and you reconcile these accounts on a monthly basis
- Maintain contact with internal and external auditors when applicable
- Work in close co-operation with qualified legal and tax advisors as well as with treasury and consolidation
- Support the GL GPO when required and take an active role in the group wide standardization of processes
- Prepare and analyze designated tasks such as the travel statistics for all the HQ locations
- Based on experience and knowledge ensure that high add value is provided to stakeholders
- Manage other ad hoc projects (such as the travel reconciliations and telephone report).
- As part of the Corporate Accounting team, you liaise with your co-workers in HQ to guarantee high quality and timely closings.
- Regular contact with the EY audit teams for statutory audit purposes as well as Sox compliance topics.
- Regular contact with contractors and/or consultants to drive projects and to bring these to a successful end (on time, within spec and within budget)
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with your peers and senior management in case of questions, the provision of assistance, problem solving and general information provision
- Prepare the month-end reports in the agreed format and according to the deadlines for the local and Group accounting teams.
- Liaise with external parties such as auditors as and when required, under guidance and with approval of your line manager
- First point of call for any Corporate Accounting related matters that are raised in the Miami office. You represent the department and you must act accordingly. As your interaction will cover all levels of seniority
Education / Training
- Accountant (CPA preferred)
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in the fields of domiciliation or audit, managing multiple files at once.
- Used to accounting softwares (Oracle eBS or other common ERP systems are an advantage).