Our client is a leading independent owner and operator of wireless communications infrastructure with more than 30 years of experience and expertise and a portfolio of more than 32,000 communications sites throughout the Americas and South Africa.
They are seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team!
You will be responsible for applying principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
Qualifications / Requirements
- BA/BS in Accounting required and 5+ years Accounting experience.
- Must have demonstrated advanced knowledge and ability to work with MS Excel.
- Experience with foreign currency transactions a plus.
- Great Plains and Wennsoft job costing system experience would be helpful.
- Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, and volume.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare journal entries within the general ledgers and the job
- cost sub-ledgers for international entities.
- Complete month-end close within time frame established.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare reconciliations of US GAAP to local statutory accounts.
- Process and analyze fixed assets on a monthly basis.
- On a monthly basis, analyze job cost transactions and account balances.
- Assist with the review and analysis of the financial statements for the International Tower Leasing Division.
- Assist with providing schedules for the auditors.
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Assist with Sarbanes Oxley documentation and testing requirements.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.