Our client, an innovative social marketing company within the Beauty & Cosmetics Industry, is looking for a Senior Accountant in Fixed Assets to be responsible of creating and monitor a system of controls, policies and procedures for the recordation of fixed assets; assist with Banking activities; prepare journal entries and reconciliations for monthly general ledger close; and assist in the preparation and distribution of financial statements
Qualifications / Requirements
- 6+ years in Accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with Fixed Asset accounting
- Public Accounting experience a plus
- Must have demonstrated the ability to read and understand legal documents and appropriately record the impact according to GAAP. Ability to build strong working relationships across the organization
- Create and monitor a system of controls, policies and procedures for the recordation of fixed assets
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions.
- Conduct periodic physical inventory counts of fixed assets.
- Investigate the potential obsolescence of fixed assets.
- Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorizations.
- Collect and maintain budgeting information for fixed assets. Work with departmental managers in the collection of information. Combine and analyze the data to create a financial budget to be used by management for planning purposes.
- Maintain the general ledger for internal and external financial statements. Reconcile the fixed assets accounts to conform with the actual activity on a month to month basis. Book all necessary journal entries to represent current business transactions.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets.
- Manage equipment leases.
- IT software projects, icloud (preferred)