Our client is a social impact full-service agency, and public-facing multimedia production and syndication networks, deliver culturally driven marketing and communications solutions for clients who share our mission: to improve the quality of life for Hispanics/Latinx living in the US.
They are currently seeking a Senior Director Of Business Development to join their team!
You will oversee all aspects of new business identification, qualification and capture as a prime contractor and subcontractor for federal government agency accounts including, but not limited to, HHS, USDA, DOJ, DOL, DOD, HUD and DHS, as well as state and local governments.
The right person will devise appropriate strategies to ensure contract wins through active, strategic, tactical, and hands-on developmental roles in all facets of the new business acquisition life-cycle and proposal development.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Specific experience with HHS agencies is required
- Managed at least 3 winning procurements with individual values greater than $2M
- Proven experience in increasing revenues on BPA and IDIQ contracts as well as cooperative agreements and discretionary grants (small, medium and large average value $5M-200M)
- Direct experience managing GSA schedule, including modifications, maintenance of SAM.gov and leading renewed GSA schedule contracts
- Understand the target client market and culturally driven marketing, advertising, PR and communications services required by Federal customers
- Experience with Federal acquisition processes
- Strategic thinking and decision making to maximize probability of win
- Capture management experience
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills with all levels of company and customer management
- Superior personal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to write well and adapt information into required formats for documents
- Successful multicultural and/or communications and marketing services Business Development experience
- Substantial relationships with Federal Government agency personnel
- Deep marketing, advertising, PR and communications industry contacts
- Superior writing and verbal skills in English; Spanish-language proficiency is not required.
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or a related field
- Passion for and experience in US Hispanic/Latinx issues
- Superior organization and exceptional attention to detail. Self-starter, proactive, able to work independently and in team settings.
- 8 years business development as either a manager or business developersales executive in the Federal Services market, either in an agency or corporate setting
- Creative thinking on competitive positioning, win strategy, themes, and discriminators
- Extensive experience evaluating and recommending key teammates and partners, along with determining a teaming strategy to optimize value
- Ability to translate business objectives into actionable plans
- Expert verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, plus the ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated experience in driving strategy and leading small teams.
- Creation of branding and marketing concepts in collaboration with branding and marketing team members
- Mastery of Salesforce, Google Analytics and low-cost / high ROI federal acquisition/capture tools is a plus
- Experience working on social impact / behavior change, public health and serving at risk populations accounts is a plus.
- Develop and qualify a new business pipeline on annual, quarterly and monthly bases for opportunities
- Build and execute a call plan
- Identify and capture new business by leveraging knowledge and contacts within the Federal marketplace
- Lead, manage and diligently use CRM system to capture and share all customer relationship data and lead management activities
- Develop a capture plan for opportunities identified and qualified
- Meet with potential customers frequently to introduce company’s capabilities, determine client needs and challenges, and offer potential near-term culturally driven solutions
- Identify potential teaming partners and build integrated teams in both the Prime and Sub positions on substantial new programs
- Track the status of potential opportunities and be responsible for updating the status of all pipeline opportunities within their assigned accounts
- Research and qualify opportunities within existing/new customer base and utilize the individual’s personal contacts to identify potential business opportunities
- Lead the initial investigation under the capture umbrella; develop capture plans, call plans, and focused presentations to prospective clients
- Once a business opportunity is identified and qualified, lead bid/no bid decision process and assist in proposal coordination on those opportunities identified for bid submission
- Work with executive management to determine teaming strategies and meet with potential teaming partners
- Lead the preparation, writing, review and submission of technical and price proposals
- Apply federal acquisition skills to additional new revenue opportunities in philanthropy, nonprofit and CSR private sectors
- Work closely with executive leadership to supervise, manage, inspire and mentor small teams of talented cultural communications professionals.