Our client is an innovative company within the e-commerce industry, that has been featured in Elle, Refinery29, InTouch, and Yahoo! Finance, is currently looking for an “Senior Manager Paid Search/ SEM“ to join their team.
This position is a high visibility role, responsible for sizable revenue and pivotal to growth marketing. Focus of this role is primarily SEM with GDN as a secondary focus.
The ideal candidate should have a strong expertise in performance marketing, a strategic mindset, deep channel knowledge, and the ability to collaborate effectively with in-house and contracted teams. A creative approach to adopt existing and new best practices to a multi-step conversion funnel process is necessary.
This is a unique opportunity for someone willing to roll up their sleeves and drive growth across digital properties, while playing a key role in expanding and develop comprehensive and innovative paid search as well as display network strategies.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Complete understanding of search and display-specific key performance indicators to strategically measure and track program success – agency experience preferred
- Creative and analytical skills, complemented by the ability to take direction, learn/develop new skill sets, problem-solve, and take on new challenges while paying strong attention to detail
- Passion for and a constant eye on the future of media based on industry trends (digital innovation, customer level targeting, dynamic creative optimization, media consumption, e-commerce/retail level targeting capabilities)
- Highly organized with strong analytical and MS Excel skills
- Positive, flexible, and well organized to thrive in a rapid environment and meet challenging deadlines
- A self-driven and reliable problem solver with a highly collaborative approach
- Fluency in English
- Nice-to-have: Google AdWords/ Bing Ads certifications, Experience in Amazon search optimization
- Take full responsibility for our US and US Hispanic paid search and GDN channel with a high 8 digits revenue responsibility
- Set up, steer, and optimize the paid search campaigns incl. negative keyword strategy, website & category exclusions, URL audits, keyword/ad text expansion, conflicting negatives, GDN campaigns (contextual, placement, & remarketing).
- Set up, steer, and optimize paid search campaigns incl. structure & matchtype strategy, negative keywords, ad optimization, attribution across keywords and devices, ad extensions, etc. in Google Ads and Microsoft Ads
- Same for GDN campaigns: develop optimization strategies around targetings (demographics, audiences, contextual, placements, custom intent/ affinity, …), exclusions, creatives, bidding, etc.
- Monitor the campaign performance in detail, run all necessary analysis, and optimize the campaigns for the target KPIs.
- Provide regular reports, collect lessons learned and best practices, and provide recommendations with a scope further than only your own channels
- Drive automation processes that help safe time on operational level and with reporting
- Be an early adopter of betas and innovative ad formats (e.g. Responsive Search Ads, video in Responsive Display Ads, Discovery Ads) to try to extend reach while maintaining crucial goal corridors
- Strategically perform A/B/n testing campaigns, ads/ assets, general tactics: identify hypothesis, measure, report and advice on future implementation of corresponding learnings
- Analyze, merge and translate data from various data sources into actionable content recommendations
- Stay up to date on paid media trends/innovations and look for ways to integrate them into campaigns Your profile
- 3+ years of experience working in paid search and GDN optimization. Solid knowledge of AdWords, Google Display Network, Bing Ads.
- Proven experience working on high volume, performance-based, direct response marketing paid search and GDN accounts with large budgets – exceeding $500k/y
- Experience in lead generation (multi/deep funnel conversion settings) and the marketing specific differences compared to other verticals is a plus