Our client is a leader in collecting, analyzing, and distributing the deepest data sets and insights to professional sports teams, sportsbooks, sports media, and sports fans.
They are investing heavily in Product, Technology, and Data expertise as they look to drive the accelerated growth of their dynamic, proprietary technology platform, products, and services.
They are looking for a new team member to fill a full-time position in our Product and Technology department as Senior Product Designer for Sports and Gaming to work remotely.
The candidate will be a key team member, leading our Product Design group while working on innovative new data products and experiences, leveraging your UX, UI, prototyping, and product skills to craft exceptional experiences for externally facing products and efficient UX-friendly experiences for internal-facing products. You will be working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with incredibly talented engineers, product managers, and sports subject matter experts. The role will support major complex projects providing input in order to produce the best possible solutions, with full responsibility for design direction and outcomes. The role will be customer-focused and a team player; a critical role within the successful delivery of the next wave of revolutionary sports products.
Qualifications / Requirements
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 5+ years working full time within Product Design, either for consumer-facing or B2B products.
- A self-starter able to work both autonomously with minimal supervision and collaboratively within an agile team
- Experience conducting stakeholder interviews and facilitating stakeholder workshops
- Considerable product design skills including the ability to create end-to-end user journeys, wireframes, conduct research, build UI designs, prototypes, and demo-able products for user testing.
- Ability to constructively challenge and question, while being an active listener and team member
- Experience and desire to work within a fast-paced environment, able to adapt and experience change as a leader within our growing product and design organization.
- Knowledge and passion for sports, sports analytics, and sports betting is desirable, but not required.
- Excellent problem solver and familiarity with technical constraints of various mediums (mobile/desktop web, iOS, Android).
- Experience producing multiple visual directions and concepts.
- Nice to have: Experience within data-heavy product design, either sports or finance products, and a knowledge of the competitive landscape of products within sports
What you’ll do as Senior Product Designer on the team:
- Set the stage for our Product Design team, culture, and systems.
- Work closely with other product designers, product managers, engineers, and various stakeholders, to solve user problems, from ideation to execution.
- Most days, you’ll live and breathe in Figma, so ensure you have a good understanding of how the tool works, from design to prototyping.
- Create and evolve our design system and language across platforms.
- A critical part of product design involves pitching your work and justifying your design decisions, so you’ll be expected to communicate and articulate your thoughts regularly.
- Being open and receptive to feedback, exploring iterations, and providing critique for other product designers.
- Participate in conducting user research, usability testing, etc., and leveraging our internal operations team, partners, etc.
- Always thinking about how to improve the team and organizational processes.
- Ship aesthetically pleasing and efficient user interfaces that delight and add value to our users.
- Work in conjunction with Product Management to develop new products and features while being tactical in maintaining existing applications and reports for use internally, including MLB, NBA, and NFL coaches and front office staff.
- Establish and maintain domain expertise on our product design system, bringing fresh ideas to the table when working to solve business problems, alongside a group of motivated, talented teammates.
- Embrace and integrate into the Software Development Lifecycle from Ideation to Delivery and Iteration / Quality Control
- Play a key role within the Product and Design Organization, sharing industry best practices and fostering a culture of knowledge sharing and cross-skilling