Our client is a well stablished business in boating industry dealers in South Miami, and they are looking for a Service Writer to be part of their team.
As a Marine Service, you will responsible for initiate Marine services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested; verifying warranty and service contract coverage; developing estimates; writing repair orders; maintaining customer rapport and records.
They provide one of the industry’s most competitive training, benefits and compensation packages!
Qualifications / Requirements
- Marine Maintenance
- Problem Solving
- Reporting Research Results
- Quality Focus
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Safety Management
- Ascertains customer concerns and services by listening to customer’s description of symptoms; clarifying description of concerns; conducting inspections of cause; checking units’ maintenance records; check for any and all recalls or bulletins; examining service schedules.
- Verifies warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and exclusions.
- Direct involvement with the sales department for all new prep of rigging orders.
- Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculating customer’s payment, including deductibles if applicable.
- Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system Lightspeed.
- Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of unit; obtaining customer’s approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns; arranging valet service when needed and deliveries.
- Maintains unit records by recording problems and corrective actions planned.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers’ publications such as but not limited to bulletins & recalls.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.