Our client is a fast-growth startup based in Cambridge, MA. For this team, they are seeking a Software Engineer, Front End with experience in evolving their web applications and developing user interface automation tests. The candidate should be experienced in source code management, build management, continuous integration, unit testing, test automation, build & packaging, etc. The candidate should also have experience adopting a modern but existing code base and feel comfortable fixing bugs in code they did not author.
Qualifications / Requirements
- 2+ years experience with Selenium or Appium
- 2+ years of experience with scripting languages (e.g. bash, python)
- Experience with deployment, monitoring and troubleshooting of web applications on public cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS)
- Experience in source code management, unit testing, test automation, etc. 2+ years of experience in Agile software development as well as TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and analytical thinking style, able to comprehend complex problems and good problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, innovative, and proactive. An individual who enjoys both the team environment as well as making an individual impact.
- Develop patient and physician facing web and mobile front ends
- Evolve the front end & architecture with alignment from the Backend & Mobile Architects
- Select & integrated appropriate third party tools and libraries to implement Web portal UI needs, such as graphing or PDF reporting
- Develop automated user interface tests using web and mobile UI programtic testing frameworks
- Document requirements and tests in compliance with Medical Device, including safety, reliability and security
- Follow software design guidelines and ensure proper implementation through code reviews on both internally and externally sourced components
- Support continuous improvement through software development metrics and ensure consistent visibility into those for every project executed
- Analyze and reduce build failures occurring due to non-product code issues, periodically review the feedback from developers and testers, and deliver ongoing improvements
- Work with internal and external software developers and testers to ensure software development deliverables are meeting expectations with respect to quality
- Lead the technical design and development aspects of ongoing projects
- Investigate product complaints whose root cause include or may include web portal and implement hot fixes
Education / Training
- BS degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent