Our client is a leading telecommunication and digital services provider which serves 50 million customers and employees over 12,000 people around the world and they are currently looking for a SOX Controls Testing Manager, in San Salvador, El Salvador.
This role will work as part of the wider Business Controls team, with external consultants and with a range of stakeholders across the company’s businesses. This is a newly created role with responsibility to build the SOX testing COE (Centre of Excellence).
This is a great opportunity for applicants currently working in Internal Controls, External Audit, SOX compliance or Internal Audit to develop your knowledge of internal controls in a fast-paced leading telecommunications and media multinational Group.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Highly experienced auditor with deep SOX experience
- Internal controls specialist with experience in planning and running a SOX testing cycle, ideally with a Big 4 background
- Excellent verbal and written skills – fluent English and Spanish essential
- Relationship management – proven experience of building, developing and sustaining relationships with key stakeholders, especially senior management, whilst remaining independent
- Root cause analysis – understanding an issue or complex problem, the key drivers behind it, then working with the process owners to define and action plan and support the implementation of a sustainable solution
- Project management and scoping of work plans
- Attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
- Detailed knowledge of SOX 404 requirements, processes, documentation and remediation
- Detailed understanding of internal controls testing requirements in terms of sample, frequency, etc.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of core financial controls, sales to collect cycle and of IT General Controls (IT GC)
• Manage the annual SOX testing program, from scoping to reporting, for all operations in the scope of SOX (including headquarters). This will cover:
-Scoping and planning for the year ahead, considering scope refresh in Q1,
-Coordinating the work of other parties involved in SOX testing (e.g. Internal Audit, co-source testers) o Reviewing and updating test scripts
-Setting-up of testing campaigns in the GRC tool used for controls testing
-Communicating of launching, reporting on progress and results of controls testing as well as next steps o Managing a team of testers, i.e. allocating tasks and responsibilities, monitoring their work and reviewing the deliverables to ensure high quality testing work papers and conclusions.
-Reviewing recommendations for controls remediation / improvements to ensure these are pragmatic and realistic
-Debrief on testing results with control owners/reviewers and other stakeholders. Ensure the results are clearly and timely communicated to ensure the remediation of deficiencies.
- The scope will cover all three streams of SOX controls, i.e. 1) Business processes, 2) Sales to collect, 3) IT general controls. Ensure the testing is running in accordance with the SOX and Business Controls methodology in terms of sampling, frequency, and controls evidence requirements
- Ensure the testing program is optimized to minimize disturbance on the business
- Ensure independence of testing team at all time with the view to maximize reliance from external auditors
- Develop the skills and knowledge of teams
- Feedback on potential areas of improvements identified through the testing exercise (i.e. suggestions to update controls descriptions, controls evidence, frequency, etc.), and major road blocks encountered
- Monitor KPI and look for ways to improve performance
- Providing regular progress and status reports to senior management and escalate issues as required
Education / Training
- Qualified accountant, internal auditor or equivalent post graduate professional qualification
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience
- Experience of working in a complex multinational and multicultural corporate environment
- Experience of setting up and managing a team
- Knowledge and experience in the telecommunication industry an advantage