Our client is a leading telecommunication and digital services provider which serves 50 million customers and employees over 12,000 people around the world.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a company ranked in the top 25 of multinational companies of the “Great Place to Work” that offers great benefits for their employees.
They are currently looking for a Sr Technology Internal Auditor to join their team in El Salvador!
You will play a key role in the organization’s efforts to identify and mitigate technology risk. As part of our team, this position conducts a variety of local, regional and enterprise-wide audits, focused on IT general controls, infrastructure resilience and cyber-security, which vary each year depending on the risks in the environment and emerging threats.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management
- Information Systems, Information Security, Business or equivalent, or combination of related work experience and education.
- Fluent in English and Spanish, both oral and written.
- 4-6 years of technology auditing experience preferably within the telecommunications industry.
- Knowledge of computer system design, information security concepts, IT general controls, network architecture/security, technology governance, business continuity/IT disaster recovery concepts, and/or security operations.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- Relevant certifications such as CISA and/or CISM.
- 3-5 years of Big 4 (or similar risk consulting firm) experience in Technology internal/external audit or risk management.
- Experienced in using computer analysis software (e.g. ACL, SQL, Excel etc.) and application systems.
- Experience with Data Analytical tools (e.g. Tableau etc.).
- Knowledge and experience with professional standards, including SOX, NIST CSF, ISO 27001, PCI DSS, ITIL etc.
- Executes assigned projects included in the annual audit plan.
- Effectively plans for upcoming audits by researching relevant risks, frameworks, best practices, and RCMs to build appropriate audit scopes and corresponding test steps
- Performs walkthrough and testing procedures to assess both the design and operating effectiveness of system and technology-related process controls carried out by the business.
- Adheres to Millicom Internal Audit methodology, specifically documents work papers, testing evidence, and interview discussions in accordance with IIA and Millicom standards
- Develops practical, informed and value-add recommendations, creates detailed action plans and presents conclusions to the management team.
- Drafts the audit report for review and eventual distribution to the Operations, Executive Management and the Audit Committee.
- Performs follow up testing on previously issued audit recommendations to determine whether management has sufficiently mitigated risks in accordance with documented audit reports
- Participates in cross-functional initiatives with other areas within the audit team (Process, Operation, Data Analytics, Compliance Audit Teams)
- Recommends revisions to audit procedures to enhance efficiencies, considering how to effectively use technology and data analysis techniques to improve audit coverage and insights to management.
- Contributes ideas and suggestions to the audit management team when forming the annual audit plan for the subsequent year.
- Maintains continual personal development to ensure understanding of the business strategy, market conditions and changes to the internal audit profession.
- Participates in department initiatives to further develop the Internal Audit function.