Our client is a leading telecommunication and digital services provider which serves 50 million customers and employees over 12,000 people around the world. They are currently looking for a Tax Analyst, to join their team in Panama.
As Tax Analyst, you will be supporting the HQ Tax Team in its tax compliance deliverables by Assisting in the tax compliance for the holding entities of the group and monitor the tax compliance in the countries, liaising with the Operations and the Corporate Accounting team and support in tax related processes and projects
You add value to the business while working with different stakeholders in order to ensure high quality.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a company ranked in the top 25 of multinational companies of the “Great Place to Work” that offers great benefits for their employees.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum experience of 2 year in the tax department of a multinational group or in a tax advisory firm;
- Accounting and tax qualification would be a must;
- Excellent Excel skills with good ability to produce reports also through excellent application of pivot tables.
- Tax compliance experience within different countries is a plus, preferred experience with: Luxemburg, US, Curacao, Spain, or Netherlands;
- Fluency in English and Spanish. French is a PLUS
- HFM, EBS or SAP knowledge would be a PLUS
- Assistance in the preparation of the income tax returns for the Holding companies of the Group;
- Liaising with external advisors in charge for the preparation of the tax returns and timely attend their queries to make sure that the tax returns are correctly completed and on time;
- Assistance in the calculation of the tax provision for the local Financial Statements;
- Liaising with external auditors to attend their queries about the tax provisions booked in the Holdings local Financial Statements;
- Liaising and communicating with the Corporate Accounting team to collect the relevant information and make sure the tax returns are delivered on time and the tax provisions are correctly booked in the local Financial Statements;
- Assistance in the Return to Provision reconciliation, making sure it is well evidenced and correctly booked in the accounting system;
- Conduct some researches through the tax laws in the Holding companies’ countries to be able to support the tax treatment applied to some transactions involving the Holding entities;
- Monitor and consolidate tax compliance information from company’s operations and Holdings to provide updated data to report tax payments, calculate KPI´s, overview tax status of legal entities among others;
- Provide support to the HQ tax team generating reports during disclosure periods;
- Assist in the SOX compliance related to the Holding companies.
- Great communication skills with people
- Ability to easily integrate in a multicultural and fast paced environment
- High Independency and organization skills