Our client is a leading telecommunication and digital services provider which serves 50 million customers and employees over 12,000 people around the world. They are currently looking for a Vendor Management Support, who will join their Vendor Management unit.
Overall the candidate shall be the owner of the cost budget & related economic targets associated among others with the following Americas Providers: OBs, Level3, XO, Century Link, Bell Canada, ATT, Global Crossing, Inteliglobe, Claro, etc., (or any other vendor supporting our client’s operation) whilst constituting at the same time the key engagement entity of the relationship.
The role will have as key objectives executing the strategy including the end-to-end budget management activities, building & maintaining the relationship, and keeping up a day to day knowledge of transactional interactions ensuring the Operational Excellence of the Americas Providers’ Performance in terms of Customer Service Quality by leading associated operational reviews and Service Improvement Plans as appropriate.
Vendor Manager will be responsible for the e2e relationship towards providers.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bilingual (English-Spanish).
- Excellent interpersonal skills: articulate, confident and able to build relationships and communicate at multiple levels in a matrix management environment across diverse countries and cultures.
- Ability to build internal/external relationships and gain respect and credibility from the team.
- Strong consultation, influencing and negotiating skills.
- External relationship management to board level.
- Flexible, proactive, entrepreneurial, autonomous and strategically-oriented individual with the ability to craft high-level strategy while also effectively managing operational detail and project management requirements.
- Excellent written and oral skills and a confident presenter.
- Excellent technical skills
- Availability to travel. (Direct report will be based in Miami)
- Technical background in TELCO business (at least 5 years working in the industry)
- Strong networking in TELCO business is valuable.
- Technical Skills: CCNA, PMP, ITIL
- Build and maintain a relationship with the vendors assigned. Including the bilateral vision of revenues, sales etc. with Business Solutions’ Account Managers.
- Analysis of the scoring of providers, the definition of improvement plans and follow-up.
- Create and maintain an overall action plan (incl. strategic, economic, operational activities) for each Vendor.
- Agreements responsibility
- Support the Vendor Strategy & Agreements Unit in the negotiation of agreements during key steps of the process: the renegotiation of budgetary prices & SLAs (expected to constitute about 20% of the total process).
Transactional/tactical responsibilities Strategic Responsibilities
- Support second level escalation: incidences of operation and provisioning, consistent inventory requests, billing etc.
- Keep a day to day knowledge of interactions with vendor in the e2e: quotes, provisions, incidences, orders, and other issues, in order to identify risks, opportunities and improvements in the execution of the transactional processes.
- Full ownership of Americas Providers’ Cost budget responsibility.
- Renegotiation of installed plant and future needs in alignment with the Procurement Dept. and following the official Telefonica Group corporate purchasing processes.
- Participate as key stakeholder in the Americas Providers Sourcing strategy and Risks identification.
- Ensure proper execution of the Strategy, including establishing him/herself internally and been recognized as key consultant guiding others who engage with Americas Providers.
- Digitalization of the e2e process with providers, guideline and execution.
Education / Training
- Bachelor’s Degree
- +3 years experience in IT / TELCOM / Operators. Is a mUst
- English and Spanish (Portuguese is a plus)