Our client is a progressive member-owned communications company connecting its members to the world through advanced communications that enhance their quality of life by providing innovative data, voice and security solutions.
They are currently looking for a VP of Operations to provide leadership for all aspects of the company’s operations with an emphasis on long-term goals, growth, profit, and return on investment. The VP serves as the leader of corporate operations and as the main link between our IT Practice and Corporate.
- Plan, develop, implement, and direct the organization’s operational and fiscal function and performance.
- Act as a strategic partner by developing and implementing the company’s plans and programs.
- Analyze and make recommendations on the impact of long-range growth initiatives, planning, and introduction of new strategies and regulatory actions.
- Develop credibility and authority for the finance leadership team by providing accurate analysis of budgets, reports and financial trends, and operational procedures in order to assist the BOD and senior executive team.
- Create, improve, implement, and enforce policies and procedures of the organization that will improve the operational and financial effectiveness of the company.
- Provide expert financial guidance and advice to others within executive leadership.
- Improve the planning and budgeting process on a continual basis by educating departments and key members of corporate leadership.
- Provide strategic input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization; specifically relating to the evaluation of potential mergers, acquisitions or partnerships.
- Optimize the handling of banking relationships and work closely with finance to foster and grow strategic financial partnerships.
- Work with the finance team to develop a solid cash flow projection and reporting mechanism, which includes setting a minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Act as a strategic advisor and consultant offering expert advice on contracts, negotiations or business deals that the corporation may enter.
- Evaluate the company’s financial, operational, and sales and marketing structures to plan for continual improvements and a continual increase of operating efficiencies.
- Ensures the company’s compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and standards.
- Mentor and interact with members of staff at all levels to foster growth and encourage development among senior executive team and all members of staff.
- In addition, this position currently serves as the Sales Manager with direct supervision of all Sales and Marketing personnel.
- A flexible schedule is required including starting early, staying late, and weekend work as required.