Our client, a company that specializes chemicals manufacturing and distribution, is looking for a Warehouse Manager to Plan, organize and control warehouse over-all operations. Oversee the safe receipt, storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of goods. Ensure warehouse health and safety and environment requirements are met. Responsible for managing building maintenance and improvement projects.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Able to speak and write in Spanish and English.
- Highly organized.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Certified Forklift Operator.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Organize warehouse activities and assign jobs accordingly for staff.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing program, operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and manage building maintenance and improvement projects.
- Complies with federal, state and local warehousing and shipping requirements, enforcing adherence to all regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring safety and security procedures
- Contributes to team goals by reducing/eliminating errors and mistakes in the warehouse.
- Promote constant motivation among staff to strive for an efficient and effective warehouse operation.
- Provide leadership by establishing clear expectations and demonstrating high standards of work practices and safety conscious behavior.
- Monitor staff in standard operating procedures and safe work practices.
- Manages and motivates staff (including: hiring, firing, performance management, and recognition duties).
- Train, direct and appraise staff.
- Make daily schedules for proper manpower utilization.
- Plans and organizes workload and staff assignments.
- Issues written and oral instructions; assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
Education / Training
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two or more years warehouse management experience and/or training.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.